cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <>
Subject Re: Too many compactions, maybe keyspace system?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 18:39:16 GMT
On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 9:12 PM, Shuo Chen <> wrote:

> I have a assumption that, lots of pending compaction tasks jam the memory
> and raise full gc. The full chokes the process and slows down compaction.
> And this causes more pending compaction tasks and more pressure on memory.

The question is why there are so many pending compactions, because your log
doesn't show that much compaction is happening. What keyspaces /
columnfamilies do you expect to be compacting, and how many SSTables do
they contain?

> Is there a method to list the concrete details of pending compaction tasks?

For the record, this type of extended operational debugging is often best
carried out interactively on #cassandra on freenode IRC.. :)

View raw message