cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Bhuvan Rawal <bhu1ra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting error while issuing Cassandra stress
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 22:02:30 GMT
Getting same exception again. Should I use nodetool repair utility?

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 3:10 AM, Sebastian Estevez <
sebastian.estevez@datastax.com> wrote:

> https://github.com/brianmhess/cassandra-loader
>
> All the best,
>
>
> [image: datastax_logo.png] <http://www.datastax.com/>
>
> Sebastián Estévez
>
> Solutions Architect | 954 905 8615 | sebastian.estevez@datastax.com
>
> [image: linkedin.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/datastax> [image:
> facebook.png] <https://www.facebook.com/datastax> [image: twitter.png]
> <https://twitter.com/datastax> [image: g+.png]
> <https://plus.google.com/+Datastax/about>
> <http://feeds.feedburner.com/datastax>
> <http://goog_410786983>
>
>
> <http://www.datastax.com/gartner-magic-quadrant-odbms>
>
> DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database technology,
> delivering Apache Cassandra to the world’s most innovative enterprises.
> Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably scalable to any
> size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries, DataStax is the
> database technology and transactional backbone of choice for the worlds
> most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit, and eBay.
>
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Bhuvan Rawal <bhu1rawal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes im specifying -node parameter to stress, otherwise it throws network
>> connection failed.
>>
>> Can you point me to a sample java application to test pushing data from
>> external server? Let's see if that works
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 2:55 AM, Sebastian Estevez <
>> sebastian.estevez@datastax.com> wrote:
>>
>>> when i opened my cassandra-rackdc.properties i saw that DC names were
>>>> DC1 & DC2, rack name was RAC1 . Please note that this is the default
>>>> configuration, I have not modified any file.
>>>
>>>
>>> cassandra-rackdc.properties is only respected based on your snitch
>>> <https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/architecture/architectureSnitchesAbout_c.html>
>>> .
>>>
>>> $ cqlsh
>>>> Connection error: ('Unable to connect to any servers', {'127.0.0.1':
>>>> error(111, "Tried connecting to [('127.0.0.1', 9042)]. Last error:
>>>> Connection refused")})
>>>> whereas
>>>> $ cqlsh <ip>
>>>> works fine
>>>> is that the reason why the cassandra-stress is not able to communicate
>>>> with other replicas?
>>>
>>>
>>> Are you providing the -node parameter to stress
>>> <http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/tools/toolsCStress_t.html>
>>> ?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> All the best,
>>>
>>>
>>> [image: datastax_logo.png] <http://www.datastax.com/>
>>>
>>> Sebastián Estévez
>>>
>>> Solutions Architect | 954 905 8615 | sebastian.estevez@datastax.com
>>>
>>> [image: linkedin.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/datastax> [image:
>>> facebook.png] <https://www.facebook.com/datastax> [image: twitter.png]
>>> <https://twitter.com/datastax> [image: g+.png]
>>> <https://plus.google.com/+Datastax/about>
>>> <http://feeds.feedburner.com/datastax>
>>> <http://goog_410786983>
>>>
>>>
>>> <http://www.datastax.com/gartner-magic-quadrant-odbms>
>>>
>>> DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database technology,
>>> delivering Apache Cassandra to the world’s most innovative enterprises.
>>> Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably scalable to any
>>> size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries, DataStax is the
>>> database technology and transactional backbone of choice for the worlds
>>> most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit, and eBay.
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Bhuvan Rawal <bhu1rawal@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I had a look at the jira below:
>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7905
>>>>
>>>> when i opened my cassandra-rackdc.properties i saw that DC names were
>>>> DC1 & DC2, rack name was RAC1 . Please note that this is the default
>>>> configuration, I have not modified any file.
>>>>
>>>> There is another point of concern here which might be relevant to
>>>> previous one as well, im not able to login to cqlsh directly, i.e. I have
>>>> to specify ip as well even when im logged in to that machine.
>>>>
>>>> $ cqlsh
>>>> Connection error: ('Unable to connect to any servers', {'127.0.0.1':
>>>> error(111, "Tried connecting to [('127.0.0.1', 9042)]. Last error:
>>>> Connection refused")})
>>>>
>>>> whereas
>>>> $ cqlsh <ip>
>>>> works fine
>>>>
>>>> is that the reason why the cassandra-stress is not able to communicate
>>>> with other replicas?
>>>>
>>>> On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 1:37 AM, Sebastian Estevez <
>>>> sebastian.estevez@datastax.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Sorry I missed that.
>>>>>
>>>>> Both your nodetool status and keyspace replication settings say
>>>>> Cassandra and Analytics for the DC names. I'm not sure where you're seeing
>>>>> DC1, DC2, etc. and why you suspect that is the problem.
>>>>>
>>>>> All the best,
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> [image: datastax_logo.png] <http://www.datastax.com/>
>>>>>
>>>>> Sebastián Estévez
>>>>>
>>>>> Solutions Architect | 954 905 8615 | sebastian.estevez@datastax.com
>>>>>
>>>>> [image: linkedin.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/datastax>
[image:
>>>>> facebook.png] <https://www.facebook.com/datastax> [image: twitter.png]
>>>>> <https://twitter.com/datastax> [image: g+.png]
>>>>> <https://plus.google.com/+Datastax/about>
>>>>> <http://feeds.feedburner.com/datastax>
>>>>> <http://goog_410786983>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> <http://www.datastax.com/gartner-magic-quadrant-odbms>
>>>>>
>>>>> DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database
>>>>> technology, delivering Apache Cassandra to the world’s most innovative
>>>>> enterprises. Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably
>>>>> scalable to any size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries, DataStax
>>>>> is the database technology and transactional backbone of choice for the
>>>>> worlds most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit, and
eBay.
>>>>>
>>>>> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Bhuvan Rawal <bhu1rawal@gmail.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi Sebastian,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I had attached nodetool status output in previous mail, pasting it
>>>>>> again :
>>>>>>
>>>>>> $ nodetool status Datacenter: Analytics =====================
>>>>>> Status=Up/Down |/ State=Normal/Leaving/Joining/Moving -- Address
>>>>>> Load Tokens Owns Host ID Rack UN 10.41.55.17 428.5 KB 256 ?
>>>>>> 39d6d585-e641-4046-9d0b-797356597b5e rack1 UN 10.41.55.19 404.44
KB 256 ?
>>>>>> 69edf930-efd9-4d74-a798-f3d4ac02e516 rack1 UN 10.41.55.18 423.21
KB 256 ?
>>>>>> b74bab13-09b2-4760-bce9-c8ef05e50f6d rack1 UN 10.41.55.20 683.23
KB 256 ?
>>>>>> fb5c4fed-6e1e-4ea8-838d-358106906830 rack1 Datacenter: Cassandra
>>>>>> ===================== Status=Up/Down |/
>>>>>> State=Normal/Leaving/Joining/Moving -- Address Load Tokens Owns Host
>>>>>> ID Rack UN 10.41.55.15 209.4 KB 256 ? ffc3b9a0-5d5c-4a3d-a99e-49d255731278
>>>>>> rack1 UN 10.41.55.21 227.44 KB 256 ? c68deba4-b9a2-43fc-bb13-6af74c88c210
>>>>>> rack1 UN 10.41.55.23 222.71 KB 256 ? 8229aa87-af00-48fa-ad6b-3066d3dc0e58
>>>>>> rack1 UN 10.41.55.22 218.72 KB 256 ? c7ba84fd-7992-41de-8c88-11574a72db99
>>>>>> rack1
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>> Bhuvan Rawal
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 12:11 AM, Sebastian Estevez <
>>>>>> sebastian.estevez@datastax.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The output of `nodetool status` would help us diagnose.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> All the best,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> [image: datastax_logo.png] <http://www.datastax.com/>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Sebastián Estévez
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Solutions Architect | 954 905 8615 | sebastian.estevez@datastax.com
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> [image: linkedin.png] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/datastax>
[image:
>>>>>>> facebook.png] <https://www.facebook.com/datastax> [image:
>>>>>>> twitter.png] <https://twitter.com/datastax> [image: g+.png]
>>>>>>> <https://plus.google.com/+Datastax/about>
>>>>>>> <http://feeds.feedburner.com/datastax>
>>>>>>> <http://goog_410786983>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> <http://www.datastax.com/gartner-magic-quadrant-odbms>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> DataStax is the fastest, most scalable distributed database
>>>>>>> technology, delivering Apache Cassandra to the world’s most
innovative
>>>>>>> enterprises. Datastax is built to be agile, always-on, and predictably
>>>>>>> scalable to any size. With more than 500 customers in 45 countries,
DataStax
>>>>>>> is the database technology and transactional backbone of choice
for the
>>>>>>> worlds most innovative companies such as Netflix, Adobe, Intuit,
and eBay.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Bhuvan Rawal <bhu1rawal@gmail.com>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Thanks for the response Alain,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> cqlsh> create keyspace mykeyspace WITH replication =
>>>>>>>> {'class':'NetworkTopologyStrategy', 'Analytics':2, 'Cassandra':3}
>>>>>>>> cqlsh> use mykeyspace;
>>>>>>>> cqlsh:mykeyspace>create table mytable (id int primary
key, name
>>>>>>>> text, address text, phone text);
>>>>>>>> cqlsh:mykeyspace> insert into mytable (id, name, address,
phone)
>>>>>>>> values (1, 'Kiyu','Texas', '555-1212'); # and other similar
statement
>>>>>>>> I then issued the below command from every node and found
>>>>>>>> consistent results.
>>>>>>>> cqlsh:mykeyspace> select * from mytable;
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> // Then i repeated the above steps for NetworkTopologyStrategy
and
>>>>>>>> found same results
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I ran basic cassandra stress
>>>>>>>> seed1 - seed of datacenter 1
>>>>>>>>  $ cassandra-stress write n=50000 -rate threads=4 -node
>>>>>>>> any_random_ip
>>>>>>>>  $ cassandra-stress write n=50000 -rate threads=4 -node seed1
>>>>>>>>  $ cassandra-stress write n=50000 -rate threads=4 -node seed1,seed2
>>>>>>>>  $ cassandra-stress write n=50000 -rate threads=4 -node
>>>>>>>> all_8_ip_comma_seperated
>>>>>>>>  $ cassandra-stress write n=1000000 cl=one -mode native cql3
>>>>>>>> -schema keyspace="keyspace1" -pop seq=1..1000000 -node ip1,ip2,ip3,ip4
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> All of them threw the exception
>>>>>>>> *com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.UnavailableException:
Not
>>>>>>>> enough replica available for query at consistency LOCAL_ONE
(1 required but
>>>>>>>> only 0 alive)*
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I have a feeling that the issue is with datacenter name for
some
>>>>>>>> reason, because in some config files I found DC name to be
like DC1/DC2/DC3
>>>>>>>> in some it is like Cassandra/Analytics (The ones I had specified
while
>>>>>>>> installation). Im unsure which yaml/property file to look
for correct
>>>>>>>> inconsistency.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> (C*heers :) - im so tempted to copy that)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>>> Bhuvan
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 8:47 PM, Alain RODRIGUEZ <
>>>>>>>> arodrime@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> The the exact command you ran (stress-tool with options)
could be
>>>>>>>>> useful to help you on that.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> However, Im able to create keyspace, tables and insert
data using
>>>>>>>>>> cqlsh and it is replicating fine to all the nodes.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Having the schema might be useful too.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Did you ran the cqlsh and the stress-tool from the same
server ?
>>>>>>>>> If not, you might want to check the port you use (9042/9160/...)
are open.
>>>>>>>>> Also, cqlsh uses local_one by default too. If both commands
were
>>>>>>>>> run against the same DC, from the same machine they should
behave the same
>>>>>>>>> way. Are they ?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> C*heers,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> -----------------
>>>>>>>>> Alain
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> The Last Pickle
>>>>>>>>> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> 2016-01-22 9:57 GMT+01:00 Bhuvan Rawal <bhu1rawal@gmail.com>:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> i have created a POC cluster with 2 DC , each having
4 nodes with
>>>>>>>>>> DSE 4.8.1 installed.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> On issuing cassandra stress im getting an error 
and data is not
>>>>>>>>>> being inserted:
>>>>>>>>>> *com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.UnavailableException:
Not
>>>>>>>>>> enough replica available for query at consistency
LOCAL_ONE (1 required but
>>>>>>>>>> only 0 alive)*
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> However, Im able to create keyspace, tables and insert
data using
>>>>>>>>>> cqlsh and it is replicating fine to all the nodes.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Details of the cluster can be found below (all the
nodes seem to
>>>>>>>>>> be alive and kicking):
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> $ nodetool status Datacenter: Analytics =====================
>>>>>>>>>> Status=Up/Down |/ State=Normal/Leaving/Joining/Moving
-- Address
>>>>>>>>>> Load Tokens Owns Host ID Rack UN 10.41.55.17 428.5
KB 256 ?
>>>>>>>>>> 39d6d585-e641-4046-9d0b-797356597b5e rack1 UN 10.41.55.19
404.44 KB 256 ?
>>>>>>>>>> 69edf930-efd9-4d74-a798-f3d4ac02e516 rack1 UN 10.41.55.18
423.21 KB 256 ?
>>>>>>>>>> b74bab13-09b2-4760-bce9-c8ef05e50f6d rack1 UN 10.41.55.20
683.23 KB 256 ?
>>>>>>>>>> fb5c4fed-6e1e-4ea8-838d-358106906830 rack1 Datacenter:
Cassandra
>>>>>>>>>> ===================== Status=Up/Down |/
>>>>>>>>>> State=Normal/Leaving/Joining/Moving -- Address Load
Tokens Owns
>>>>>>>>>> Host ID Rack UN 10.41.55.15 209.4 KB 256 ?
>>>>>>>>>> ffc3b9a0-5d5c-4a3d-a99e-49d255731278 rack1 UN 10.41.55.21
227.44 KB 256 ?
>>>>>>>>>> c68deba4-b9a2-43fc-bb13-6af74c88c210 rack1 UN 10.41.55.23
222.71 KB 256 ?
>>>>>>>>>> 8229aa87-af00-48fa-ad6b-3066d3dc0e58 rack1 UN 10.41.55.22
218.72 KB 256 ?
>>>>>>>>>> c7ba84fd-7992-41de-8c88-11574a72db99 rack1
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>>>>> Bhuvan Rawal
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message