cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ken Hancock <ken.hanc...@schange.com>
Subject compaction_throughput_mb_per_sec
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 20:59:53 GMT
I was surprised the other day to discover that this was a cluster-wide
setting.   Why does that make sense?

In a heterogeneous cassandra deployment, say I have some old servers
running spinning disks and I'm bringing on more nodes that perhaps utilize
SSD.  I want to have different compaction throttling  on different nodes to
minimize read impact times.

I can already balance data ownership through either token allocation or
vnode counts.

Also, as I increase my node count, I technically also have to increase my
compaction_throughput which would require a rolling restart across the
cluster.