cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Tim Heckman <...@pagerduty.com>
Subject Cassandra 1.2.19 and Java 8
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 22:31:55 GMT
Hello,

We still have an installation of Cassandra on the 1.2.19 release,
running on Java 7. We do plan on upgrading to a newer version, but in
the mean time there has been some questions internally about running
1.2 on Java 8 until the upgrade can be fully completed.

I seem to remember speaking to someone awhile back that advised
against running the 1.2 + Java 8 combination. Unfortunately, I can't
remember what the exact reasoning was behind the recommendation. It
could have just been that no one was really doing it, therefore it
wasn't fully tested.

Does anyone here have experience with Cassandra 1.2 and Java 8 in
production. Any known issues or gotchas?

Cheers!
-Tim

--
Tim Heckman