cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anuj Wadehra <anujw_2...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Revisit Cassandra EOL Policy
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 17:18:16 GMT
Thanks Robert !!!
"I don't run X.Y.Z versions where Z is under 6, so in general this does not result in me not-running-a-version-I-otherwise-would-have
for longer than a few months each year."Agree !! But, if you upgrade to a version greater
than X.Y.6, and then it goes EOL within months, you won't like to keep that version in Production
even if it's bug free.

Thus, like some of the other Apache Open Source products, I think following points are worth
considering:
1.  EOL should be based on "most stable"/"production ready" version date rather than "GA"
date of subsequent major releases.2.  I think we should have "Formal EOL Announcement" on
Apache Cassandra website.
3. "Formal EOL Announcement" should come at least 6 months before the EOL, so that users get
reasonable time to      upgrade.4. EOL Policy (even if flexible) should be stated on
Apache Cassandra website
Please share your feedback.
ThanksAnuj