cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Shuler <mich...@pbandjelly.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.2.x documentation missing
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 15:27:48 GMT

(cc'ing docs@)

> Can somebody guide us on the Upgrade path which needs to be followed
> while upgrading from 2.0.x to 2.2.x  .

The canonical source for Apache Cassandra upgrade documentation is
NEWS.txt. Here's the cassandra-2.2 branch NEWS.txt file - read all
entries since your current release:

https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-2.2/NEWS.txt

The typical Cassandra upgrade path is through the latest of each major
release, so from 2.0.latest -> 2.1.latest -> 2.2.latest. However, you
may be able to go from your 2.0.14 to 2.1.latest - read NEWS.txt to see
if that is the case, and test your upgrades in your staging env!

--
Kind regards,
Michael