cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Shuler <>
Subject Re: How do I upgrade from 2.0.16 to 2.0.17 in my case????
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 16:24:45 GMT
On 01/07/2016 07:52 AM, Vasileios Vlachos wrote:
> Hello,
> My problem is described CASSANDRA-10872
> <>. I upgraded a
> second node on the same cluster in case there was something special with
> the first node but I experienced identical behaviour. Both
> and were replaced
> causing the node to come up in the default data centre DC1.
> What is the best way to upgrade to 2.0.17 in a safe manner in this case?
> How do we work around this?

I've made a bit of headway on this, but don't have this automated in CI
fully, yet. In quick tests, I get prompted on upgrade when my config
files have changed from the originals, similar to your later comment on
that JIRA. This replacement without prompt could be a system
configuration to not prompt you(?). I'm not sure how one would change
that behavior system-wide, since I've never turned this knob, but I'd
suggest looking at debconf options.

I'm in favor of CASSANDRA-2356, and with the beginning of tick-tock
releases, this is a good time to get this in as a new feature. As for
configuring your existing system to not restart services on upgrade, see
for setting up a local policy to behave as you wish.

View raw message