cassandra-user mailing list archives

From <aeljami....@orange.com>
Subject RE: Modeling nested collection with C* 2.0
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 15:50:07 GMT
I need to query all columns by the userid.

For example: Select * from users where userid  = 123;

frozen UDT don’t exist in Cassandra 2.0 ☹

De : Jack Krupansky [mailto:jack.krupansky@gmail.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 28 janvier 2016 16:38
À : user@cassandra.apache.org
Objet : Re: Modeling nested collection with C* 2.0

Generally, you should use clustering columns to model nested structures, unless they really
are simply list/map structures.

But, first, as with all data modeling in Cassandra, start by looking at how you intend to
query the data. Do you need to query individual addresses, email addresses, streets, etc.?
If so, separate rows for each address is a better way to go. On the flip side, if the full
address is just a blob that you will interpret in the app, a frozen UDT or JSON blob is a
reasonable way to go. In any case, tell us about your query needs first.

-- Jack Krupansky

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Carlos Alonso <info@mrcalonso.com<mailto:info@mrcalonso.com>>