cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jeff.ji...@crowdstrike.com>
Subject Re: Production with Single Node
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 21:24:41 GMT
The value of cassandra is in its replication – as a single node solution, it’s slower and
less flexible than alternatives

From:  John Lammers
Date:  Friday, January 22, 2016 at 12:57 PM
Subject:  Fwd: Production with Single Node

Thanks for your reply Sebastian.

They are specialized data storage & retrieval systems.  The Cassandra database is mainly
used to store meta-data for searching.

Jonathan, I had seen your article.  But what are some of the technical reasons why a one node
Cassandra cluster is a bad idea?  I need ammo to convince others.  Or failing that, what can
be done to make this configuration as safe & robust as possible?

Thanks!

--John