cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Noorul Islam K M <noo...@noorul.com>
Subject What is the ideal way to merge two Cassandra clusters with same keyspace into one?
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 09:12:01 GMT

Hello all,

We have two clusters X and Y with same keyspaces but distinct data sets.
We are planning to merge these into single cluster. What would be ideal
steps to achieve this without downtime for applications? We have time
series data stream continuously writing to Cassandra.

We have ruled out export/import as that will make us loose data during
the time of copy.

We also ruled out sstableloader as that is not reliable. It fails often
and there is not way to start from where it failed.

Any suggestions will help.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul