cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Cheng <br...@blockcypher.com>
Subject Re: Transitioning to incremental repair
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 21:58:05 GMT
Sorry if I misunderstood, but are you asking about the LCS case?

Based on our experience, I would absolutely recommend you continue with the
migration procedure. Even if the compaction strategy is the same, the
process of anticompaction is incredibly painful. We observed our test
cluster running 2.1.11 experiencing a dramatic increase in latency and not
responding to nodetool queries over JMX while anticompacting the largest
SSTables. This procedure also took several times longer than a standard
full repair.

If you absolutely cannot perform the migration procedure, I believe 2.2.x
contains the changes to automatically set the RepairedAt flags after a full
repair, so you may be able to do a full repair on 2.2.x and then transition
directly to incremental without migrating (can someone confirm?)