cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Steve Robenalt <sroben...@highwire.org>
Subject Re: Cassandra and GPU's...
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 20:17:53 GMT
Hi Tony,

Somebody will likely prove me wrong on this (and I'd love to see it), but
I'm skeptical that there is much intersection between the set of things a
GPU is good at and the set of things a database needs to do. As such, I
don't expect there'd be much performance gain unless a way to exploit the
massive parallelism of the GPU effectively can be found.

Of course, GPU-driven analytics on the contents of the database opens up
all kinds of possibilities given the right kind of data...

Steve

--
Steve Robenalt
Software Architect