cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <>
Subject Re: Usage volume of older versions of Cassandra
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 18:52:28 GMT
On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 6:28 AM, Andy Kruth <> wrote:

> We are trying to decide how to proceed with development and support of
> YCSB bindings for older versions of Cassandra, namely Cassandra 7, 8, and
> 10.
> We would like to continue dev and support on these if the use of those
> versions of Cassandra is still prevalent. If not, then a deprecation cycle
> may be the best idea, in favor of CQL based bindings for modern versions of
> Cassandra.
> Any input from the Cassandra community on how common the usage of
> Cassandra 7, 8, and 10 are would be very helpful, thanks a lot.

Due to the adoption curve of Cassandra, very few people are left on these
versions. I very, very rarely encounter questions about the 0.x series here
or in #cassandra.

Same is true to a slightly lesser extent for 1.0 series. Some shops rarely
upgrade, but those kinds of shops are unlikely to need rigorous performance
comparison courtesy of YCSB?

View raw message