cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Wille <rwi...@fold3.com>
Subject Re: Write/read heavy usecase in one cluster
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2015 00:21:12 GMT
I would personally classify both of those use cases as light, and I wouldn’t have any qualms
about using a single cluster for both of those.

On Dec 23, 2015, at 3:06 PM, cass savy <casssavy@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do you determine if we can share cluster in prod for 2 different applications
>
>  1. Has anybody shared cluster in prod a write heavy use case that captures user login
info (few 100 rpm)  and hardly performs few reads per day
> and
>  Use case that is read heavy use case that is 92% read with 10k requests per min,higher
consistency level of quorum

> 2. Use of  in-memory tables for lookup tables  that will be referred to for every request
prior to writing to transactional tables. Has anyone ised it in prod and what were the issues
encountered. what will be tuning/reco to follow for prod

> 3. Use of multiple data directories for different applications like having different
data partitions for write/read heavy and one separate for commitlog/caches

> 4. plan to use C* 2.1 with vnodes/murmur for above usecases. Need feedback of if people
have tried tuning heap size, off-heap parameters in c* 2.0 and above. in prod