cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Ballet <jbal...@edgelab.ch>
Subject Rebuilding a new Cassandra node at 100Mb/s
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 15:51:43 GMT
Hi,

I added a new node to my cluster but in a new datacenter. After updating
the keyspace replication factor values (using the
NetworkTopologyStrategy strategy), I'm now running a "nodetool rebuild"
on the new node.

I noticed it's not really fast and my monitoring system shows that the
traffic incoming on this node is exactly at 100Mb/s (12.6MB/s). I know
it can be much more than that (I just tested sending a file through SSH
between the two machines and it goes up to 1Gb/s), is there a limitation
of some sort on Cassandra which limit the transfer rate to 100Mb/s?

I was thinking that "nodetool setstreamthroughput 0" (or even 999) would
help, but it doesn't seem to change anything on the current rebuilding
process.

Any idea?

Thanks!

  Jonathan