cassandra-user mailing list archives

From <SEAN_R_DUR...@homedepot.com>
Subject RE: External authentication options for C* (no DSE)
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2015 15:09:21 GMT
You can write your own using the appropriate interface(s) (for authentication and authorization).
However, the interfaces have changed over the years, so it is likely not a write it and forget
it bit of code.

External security is one of the important features of DSE, though.

Sean Durity – Lead Cassandra Admin

From: Giampaolo Trapasso [mailto:giampaolo.trapasso@radicalbit.io]
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 10:46 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: External authentication options for C* (no DSE)

Search a bit deeper in DSE docs, I've found this: http://www.datastax.com/wp-content/themes/datastax-2014-08/files/FF-DataStax-AdvancedSecurity.pdf.
Pratically no external authentication is available for Apache Cassandra.
giampaolo

Hi,
while for DSE versions of C* it's quite clear what external authentication options are available,
I'm not sure about DSC or Apache versions. Can anyone point me to the right documentation
on or provide a list of possibilities?
Thank you in advance.
giampaolo