cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jon Haddad <...@jonhaddad.com>
Subject Re: Overriding timestamp with light weight transactions
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 20:42:04 GMT
Perhaps you should fix your clock drift issues instead of trying to use a workaround?

> On Nov 16, 2015, at 11:39 AM, Peddi, Praveen <peddi@amazon.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> We are using Cassandra 2.0.9 and we currently have “using timestamp” clause in all
our update queries. We did this to fix occasional issues with ntp drift on AWS. We recently
introduced conditional update in couple of our API and we realized that I can’t have “using
timestamp” and “if column1=?” in the same query.

> com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.InvalidQueryException: Cannot provide custom timestamp
for conditional update

> How do I achieve this if I want to override timestamp in a query with conditional update?
Also, does anyone know the reason behind not supporting “using timestamp” for conditional
update? I am trying to understand the problems this would cause.