cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Peddi, Praveen" <pe...@amazon.com>
Subject Re: Deletes Reappeared even when nodes are not down
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 21:47:51 GMT
Hi Rob,
We do not currently run repairs because we know our deployment time for each cassandra node
is very short. I do understand we have to run repairs but would repair be in the picture here
when no nodes in the cluster were down for last 2 weeks?

Thanks
Praveen

From: Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com<mailto:rcoli@eventbrite.com>>
Date: Friday, November 13, 2015 at 4:36 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Deletes Reappeared even when nodes are not down

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Peddi, Praveen <peddi@amazon.com<mailto:peddi@amazon.com>>
wrote:
We are seeing a scenario where some of the rows in the table reappears even after they are
deleted. We have seen this in Prod 3 times in last 1 week and coincidentally all 3 times on
the same partition. We have confirmed that nodes didn't go down (they were all started on
Oct 28). I do not see any resource issues (CPU is around 5%, memory < 10%, iostats looks
normal etc) on any nodes.

Do you run repair once every gc_grace_seconds?

=Rob