cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jack Krupansky <jack.krupan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: store avro to cassandra
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 16:24:02 GMT
Use a Cassandra map column - the keys of the map can be arbitrary. But if
there are some standard set of columns that are always or commonly present,
make them explicit Cassandra columns. And if the avro values have different
types, you may want to have several Cassandra map columns, one for each
value type you need to distinguish on queries. In some cases you might want
to use user defined types (UDT.)

-- Jack Krupansky