cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Maciek Sakrejda <>
Subject Re: UnknownColumnFamily exception / schema inconsistencies
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 20:15:54 GMT
On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 9:55 AM, Sebastian Estevez <> wrote:

> Stupid question, but how do I find the problem table? The error message
>> complains about a keyspace (by uuid); I haven't seen errors relating to a
>> specific table. I've poked around in the data directory, but I'm not sure
>> what I'm looking for.
> Is the message complaining about a *keyspace* or abou*t a table (cfid)*?
> You'r original was complaining about a table:

> UnknownColumnFamilyException reading from
>> socket; closing org.apache.cassandra.db.UnknownColumnFamilyException:
>> Couldn't find *cfId=3ecce750-84d3-11e5-bdd9-**dd7717dcdbd5*
Sorry, you're absolutely right--it's the table from this error message. I
confused myself. But now I was able to find it:

The second uuid is the one that shows up via the schema_columnfamilies
query, but on two of the nodes, the directory with the *other* uuid exists.
Can I just rename the directory on these two nodes? Or how should I proceed?

View raw message