cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Nodetool rebuild on vnodes enabled
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 00:29:38 GMT
On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 3:24 PM, cass savy <casssavy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am exploring vnodes on DSE spark enabled DC. I  added new nodes with 64
> vnodes, stream thruput 100mb instead of default 200mb, sokcet_timeout set
> to 1hr.

1) what version of Cassandra (please the version of Apache Cassandra, not
DSE)?

2) that's not really the way you're supposed to add vnodes?

3) why are you using "rebuild" instead of just bootstrapping?

4) how many total DCs do you have?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but "rebuild" is for the case where you have
more than one DC. Don't use it if you have fewer than two.

=Rob