cassandra-user mailing list archives

From K F <>
Subject Re: Does nodetool cleanup clears tombstones in the CF?
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 21:56:12 GMT
Thanks Rob, I will look into checksstablegarbage utility. However, I don't want to run major
compaction as that would result in too big of a sstable.
Regards,K F
      From: Robert Coli <>
 To: "" <>; K F <>

 Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2015 1:53 PM
 Subject: Re: Does nodetool cleanup clears tombstones in the CF?

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 12:56 PM, K F <> wrote:

Quick question, in order for me to purge tombstones on particular nodes if I run nodetool
cleanup <keyspace> <column family name> will that help in purging the tombstones
from that node?

cleanup is for removing data from ranges the node no longer owns.
It is unrelated to tombstones.
There are various approaches to cleaning up tombstones. A simple (if manual) one is to use
"checksstablegarbage" and user defined compaction. Even simpler is to run a major compaction,
but this has some downsides.

View raw message