cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anuj Wadehra <anujw_2...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Repair time comparison for Cassandra 2.1.11
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2015 12:22:41 GMT
Ok. I dont have much experience with 2.1 as we are on 2.0.x. Are you using sequential repair?
If yes, parallel repair can be faster but you need to make sure that your application has
sufficient room to run when cluster is running repair.

Are you observing any WARN or ERROR messages in logs while repair is running?

50 hours seems too much considering your cluster is stable and you dont have any dropped mutations
on any of the nodes.

Thanks

Anuj

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Badrjan" <badrjan@tuta.io>
Date:Sun, 15 Nov, 2015 at 5:39 pm
Subject:Re: Repair time comparison for Cassandra 2.1.11

Nothing is being dropped plus the processor is busy around 60%.

B.

15. Nov 2015 15:58 by anujw_2003@yahoo.co.in:

Repair can take long time if you have lota of inconaistent data. If you havent restarted nodes
yet, you can  run nodetool tpstats command on all nodes to make sure that there no mutation
drops.