cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Surbhi Gupta <surbhi.gupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re : will Unsafeassaniate a dead node maintain the replication factor
Date Sat, 31 Oct 2015 17:13:32 GMT
Is the cluster using vnodes?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 31, 2015, at 9:16 AM, sai krishnam raju potturi <pskraju88@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> yes Surbhi.
>
>> On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Surbhi Gupta <surbhi.gupta01@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So have you already done unsafe assassination ?
>>
>>> On 31 October 2015 at 08:37, sai krishnam raju potturi <pskraju88@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> it's dead; and we had to do unsafeassassinate as other 2 methods did not work

capture the tokens of the dead node. Any way we could make sure the replication of 3 is maintained?

the nodetool decommission if the node is up and wait till streaming happens . You can check
is the streaming is completed by nodetool netstats . If streaming is completed you can do
unsafe assanitation .

factor like decommission process or removenode process?