cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Cheng <br...@blockcypher.com>
Subject Re: Maximum node decommission // bootstrap at once.
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 22:41:35 GMT
Robert, I might be misinterpreting you but I *think* your link is talking
about bootstrapping a new node by bulk loading replica data from your
existing cluster?

I was referring to using Cassandra's bootstrap to get the node to join and
run (as a member of DC2 but with physical residence in DC1), and then
transfer the /data directory to a new machine to assume the identity of the
old. I *believe* that from the cluster point of view this is just the node
being down for an extended period of time (so the usual caveats apply)