cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Cheng <br...@blockcypher.com>
Subject Re: Maximum node decommission // bootstrap at once.
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 20:34:23 GMT
Honestly, we've had more luck bootstrapping in our old DC (defining
topology properties as the new DC) and using rsync to migrate the data
files to new machines in the new datacenter. We had 10gig within the
datacenter but significantly less than this cross-DC, which lead to a lot
of broken streaming pipes and wasted effort. This might make sense
depending on your link quality and the resources/time you have available to
do TCP tuning,