cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nate McCall <n...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: cassandra bootstrapping
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 18:24:54 GMT

> Considering that this concerns mostly auto-bootstrap and seed nodes by
> default do not do that,
> would it be correct to assume that they could be started in parallel and
> then the non-seed should be
> added with the interval apart.
>
> As in seeds-start -> wait -> add non-seed -> wait -> add non-seed.
>
> Would that timeout be only between seeds started and non-seed, or every
> non-seed will have to be
> started serially with wait in between.

It would be more like start each seed one at a time then start everyone
else. Then it is just 2 minutes after the last node joins.

In other words starting a six node cluster would not be that much faster
than starting a 100 node cluster if each had 3 seeds (I'm pretty sure it
would mostly be network overhead of gossip communication/peer discovery).

--
Nate McCall

Co-Founder & Sr. Technical Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting