cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nate McCall <n...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Verifying internode SSL
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 17:32:09 GMT
> I've configured internode SSL and set it to be used between datacenters
only. Is there a way in the logs to verify SSL is operating between nodes
in different DCs or do I need to break out tcpdump?

Even on DC only encryption, you should see the following message in the log:

"Starting Encrypted Messaging Service on SSL port 7001"

With any Java-based thing using SSL, you can always use the following
startup parameter to find out exactly what is going in:

-Djavax.net.debug=ssl

This page will tell you how to interpret the debug output:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/security/jsse/ReadDebug.html

--
Nate McCall

Co-Founder & Sr. Technical Consultant