cassandra-user mailing list archives

From DuyHai Doan <doanduy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data visualization tools for Cassandra
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 19:46:01 GMT
"From the readme
<https://github.com/doanduyhai/incubator-zeppelin/blob/Spark_Cassandra_Demo/README.md>documentation
on github , it looks like I need to install spark cluster locally on the
zeppelin node. Is that true?"

--> It depends on your needs. For production I strongly advise to install
zeppelin node in a separated server to avoid impacting Spark performance.

For a demo or a POC, you can have everything on the same machine (Spark,
Cassandra, Zeppelin). For my talk demos, I don't even bother to run a Spark
process, I use the Spark in local mode for testing

"Can I install zeppelin on a different cluster and connect it to spark and
cassandra on the remote cluster (via JMX auth) ?"

--> I suppose you meant "DC" rather than "cluster" right ?  You can install
Zeppelin in a separated machine and configure it to connect to the Spark
master node IP. Of course if the Zeppelin server is installed on DC1 and
you connect it to Spark master in DC2, you'll suffer from latency. The
recommendation is to install Zeppelin in a server as close as possible
(network-wise) to where you Spark master is