cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Walsh, Stephen" <>
Subject RE: Consistency Issues
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 08:36:57 GMT
There is no load balancer in front of Cassandra,  it’s in front of our application.
Everyone seems hung up on this point? But it’s not the root causing of the inconsistency

Can anyone verify the best practice for number of CF’s?

From: Robert Coli []
Sent: 30 September 2015 18:45
Subject: Re: Consistency Issues

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Walsh, Stephen <<>>

We never had these issue with our first run. Its only when we added another 25% of writes.

As Jack said, you are probably pushing your GC over a threshold, leading to long pause times
and inability to meet quorum.

As Sebastian said, you probably shouldn't need a load balancer in front of Cassandra.

This email (including any attachments) is proprietary to Aspect Software, Inc. and may contain
information that is confidential. If you have received this message in error, please do not
read, copy or forward this message. Please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your
system and destroy any copies. You may not further disclose or distribute this email or its
View raw message