cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <jeff.ji...@crowdstrike.com>
Subject Re: Automatic pagination does not get all results
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 04:02:02 GMT
It’s possible that it could be different depending on your consistency level (on write and
on read).

It’s also possible it’s a bug, but you didn’t give us much information – here are
some questions to help us help you:

What version?
What results are you seeing?
What’s the “right” result?
What CL did you use to write the data?
What CL did you use to read the data?
Have you run repair since writing the data?

From:  Sid Tantia
Date:  Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 5:49 PM
To:  user
Subject:  Automatic pagination does not get all results

Hello,

Has anyone had a problem with automatic pagination returning different results everytime (this
is for a table with ~180,000 rows)? I'm going through each page and inserting the results
into an array and each time I go through all the pages, the resultant array has a different
size.

This happens whether I use a SELECT query with automatic paging using the Ruby driver or a
COPY to CSV command with cqlsh.

-Sid