cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Renato Perini <renato.per...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Configuration VS Static IPs.
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 00:31:08 GMT
Jonathan, I have some difficulties in understanding what you're talking
about. A client is a program connecting to a cassandra instance. All it
needs to know is an IP, a keyspace and a table to operate. My client is
nothing more than a simple textual version of a program like datastax
devcenter. No "same dc" concepts are involved for using it.
As for AWS, I'm not changing anything. The instances, as I said multiple
times, don't have an elastic ip, so the public IP is dynamic. This means
it changes automatically at every reboot.