cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Renato Perini <renato.per...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra Configuration VS Static IPs.
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2015 21:59:17 GMT
Is cassandra really supposed to have a static public IP for each and
single node in the cluster?
This seems to be expensive (static IPs are nor free neither cheap),
still the broadcast_rpc_address expects a static IP for client
communications (load balancing, contact points, etc.)
Is there some mechanism to determine a public IP at runtime?

Basically, I have nodes (machines) with dynamic public IPs and I cannot
embed them in the cassandra.yaml file because of their dynamic nature
(they change at each reboot).
Any solution to this?

Thanks.