cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Eduardo Alfaia <eduardocalf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error Connecting to Cassandra
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 00:09:15 GMT
I am using cassandra standalone, the machine is up, I was monitoring the cassandra seeing the
system.log but I didn’t see anything wrong.
I’ve captured the flow of packets using wireshark and I’ve seen that the cassandra server
is reset the connection with the client. I am sending the python app which I am using.

> On 29 Oct 2015, at 00:52, Surbhi Gupta <surbhi.gupta01@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Eduardo,
>
> Is the cluster up and running?
> As your message says "Control connection failed to connect, shutting down Cluster"
>
> May be you can get some more info from the system.log.
>
> Thanks
> Surbhi
>
> On 28 October 2015 at 16:46, Eduardo Alfaia <eduardocalfaia@gmail.com <mailto:eduardocalfaia@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi Gupta,
>
> I am running a simple python application that isn’t heavy from point of view of access
to cassandra. The application create a new keyspace, tables and do the load of data.
> The application is an example in python-driver folder.
>

>> On 29 Oct 2015, at 00:33, Surbhi Gupta <surbhi.gupta01@gmail.com <mailto:surbhi.gupta01@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Are you running heavy load?
>> I have seen these kinds error application team reporting to us in case when they
have too many connection already setup and they are trying to connect more applications.

>> Try to disconnect the applications which are not required and try again ..
>> Hope this helps...
>>
>> On 28 October 2015 at 16:22, Eduardo Alfaia <eduardocalfaia@gmail.com <mailto:eduardocalfaia@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I am some problems of  Connection Timeout in a random mode, that is, the application
in python that I am using sometimes it does work very well sometimes not, I am getting this
error:

to 10.20.255.191 <http://10.20.255.191/>:
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/home/ealfaia/workspace_patrizio/python-driver/cassandra/cluster.py", line
2117, in _reconnect_internal
>>     return self._try_connect(host)
>>   File "/home/ealfaia/workspace_patrizio/python-driver/cassandra/cluster.py", line
2164, in _try_connect
>>     self._refresh_schema(connection, preloaded_results=shared_results, schema_agreement_wait=-1)
>>   File "/home/ealfaia/workspace_patrizio/python-driver/cassandra/cluster.py", line
2343, in _refresh_schema
>>   File "/home/ealfaia/workspace_patrizio/python-driver/cassandra/connection.py",
line 438, in wait_for_responses
>>     return waiter.deliver(timeout)
>>   File "/home/ealfaia/workspace_patrizio/python-driver/cassandra/connection.py",
line 839, in deliver
>>     raise OperationTimedOut()
>> OperationTimedOut: errors=None, last_host=None
>> 2015-10-28 19:49:05,292 [ERROR] cassandra.cluster: Control connection failed to connect,
shutting down Cluster:
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/home/ealfaia/workspace_patrizio/python-driver/cassandra/cluster.py", line
840, in connect
>>     self.control_connection.connect()
>>   File "/home/ealfaia/workspace_patrizio/python-driver/cassandra/cluster.py", line
2091, in connect
>>     self._set_new_connection(self._reconnect_internal())
>>   File "/home/ealfaia/workspace_patrizio/python-driver/cassandra/cluster.py", line
2126, in _reconnect_internal
>>     raise NoHostAvailable("Unable to connect to any servers", errors)
>> NoHostAvailable: ('Unable to connect to any servers', {'10.20.255.191': OperationTimedOut('errors=None,
last_host=None',)})

>> I have had some tests with others applications in python and the same error occur.
Does anyone have any idea?