I meant thrift based api. If we are talking about CQL then timestamps are generated by node you are connected to. This is a "client".

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 10:49 AM, ibrahim El-sanosi <ibrahimsabattt@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Andrey,

I just came across this articale "
"Each cell in a CQL table has a corresponding timestamp
which is taken from the clock on the Cassandra node that orchestrates the
write. When you are reading from a Cassandra cluster the node that
coordinates the read will compare the timestamps of the values it fetches.
Last write(=highest timestamp) wins and will be returned to the client."

What do you think?
"