This seems like an apt time to quote [1]:

> Remember that you get 1 point for making a backup and 10,000 points for restoring one.

Restoring from backups is my goal.

The commonly recommended tools (tablesnap, cassandra_snapshotter) all seem to leave the restore operation as a pretty complicated exercise for the operator.

Do any include a working way to restore, on a different host, all of node X's data from backups to the correct directories, such that the restored files are in the proper places and the node restart method [2] "just works"?