cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Saurabh Sethi <Saurabh_Se...@symantec.com>
Subject No schema agreement from live replicas
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 21:19:45 GMT
We have a 3 node Cassandra cluster (version 2.2.0). Two of the nodes are in one subnet and
third one in different subnet.

Replication factor is 2 and two of the nodes are seed nodes. Consistency level for everything
is QUORUM.

We are getting the following warning:

WARN com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster - No schema agreement from live replicas after 30 s.
The schema may not be up to date on some nodes.

I made sure that the clocks are in-sync.

I then ran cleanup, repair and compact but that solves the problem only for couple of days,
the warning then comes back.

We were seeing this issue in 2.1.0 but stopped seeing it in 2.1.4 and 2.1.6. But this came
back in version 2.2.0.

Anyone has any idea on how to fix this problem?

Just FYI: We do a lot of schema creation and deletion on Cassandra (basically our CI pipeline
does that), if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks,
Saurabh