cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Kay Johansen <kay-johan...@pluralsight.com>
Subject SELECT DISTINCT and rows with only static columns
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2015 00:30:56 GMT
I have a columnfamily with static columns and non-static columns. When I
have a row with values only in the static columns, select distinct will
return that row, whereas select will not.

For example:

cqlsh> select distinct id from members where id = 'zyto-8c0db';

 plan_id
------------
 zyto-8c0db

(1 rows)

cqlsh> select id from members where  id = 'zyto-8c0db';

(0 rows)

Now that I know this I can plan for this, but I'm wondering why this is the
case so I can understand the underlying mechanism.

Using Cassandra 2.0.11.83.

Thanks in advance for any insight,
-Kay

--
Kay Johansen, Software Craftsman
Pluralsight | democratizing professional training