cassandra-user mailing list archives

From ibrahim El-sanosi <ibrahimsaba...@gmail.com>
Subject Is ZooKeeper still use in Cassandra?
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2015 21:09:36 GMT
Hi folks,

I read Cassandra white paper, I come across a text says "Cassandra system
elects a leader amongst its nodes using a system called Zookeeper[13]. All
nodes on joining the cluster contact the leader who tells them for what
ranges they are replicas for and leader makes a concerted effort to
maintain the invariant that no node is responsible for more than N-1 ranges
in the ring. The metadata about the ranges a node is responsible is cached
locally at each node and in a fault-tolerant manner inside Zookeeper - this
way a node that crashes and comes back up knows what ranges it was
responsible for."

Does Cassandra still use ZooKeeper? if yes can you refer me to any related
article?

Regards,

Ibrahim