cassandra-user mailing list archives

From horschi <hors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: auto_bootstrap=false broken?
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 13:04:55 GMT
Hi Cyril,

thanks for backing me up. I'm under siege from all sides here ;-)

That something we're trying to do too. However disabling clients
> connections (closing thrift and native ports) does not prevent other nodes
> (acting as a coordinators) to request it ... Honestly we'd like to restart
> a node that need to deploy HH and to make it serve reads only when it's
> done. And to be more precise, we know when it's done and don't need it to
> work by itself (automatically).

If you use auto_bootstrap=false in the same DC, then I think you are
screwed. Afaik auto_bootstrap=false can only work in a new DC, where you
can control reads via LOCAL-Consistencieslevels.

kind regards,
Christian