cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ola Nowak <ola.nowa...@gmail.com>
Subject Can I run upgrade sstables on many nodes on one time
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 09:30:18 GMT
Hi all,
I'm trying to update my 6 node cluster from 2.0.11 to 2.1.8.
I'm following this update procedure:
http://docs.datastax.com/en/upgrade/doc/upgrade/cassandra/upgradeCassandraDetails.html
and the point 8 says: "If you are upgrading from a major version (for
example, from Cassandra 1.2 to 2.0) or a major point release (for example,
from Cassandra 2.0 to 2.1), upgrade the SSTables on each node.
$ nodetool upgradesstables"
As far as I understood it correctly I should run nodetool upgradesstables
on every node after upgrading the version on each node. Is that right?
As it is a really time consuming operation I wonder if I could run
upgradesstables on multiple nodes at one time ( parallelly)?
Regards,
Ola