cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Huang, Roger" <rohu...@visa.com>
Subject RE: Validation of Data after data migration from RDBMS to Cassandra
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 17:32:21 GMT
Surbhi
Sorry I meant to send the CQL link http://docs.datastax.com/en/cql/3.1/cql/cql_intro_c.html

Roger

From: Huang, Roger [mailto:rohuang@visa.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2015 11:39 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: RE: Validation of Data after data migration from RDBMS to Cassandra

Surbhi,
A general note, Cassandra tables are not normalized as in an RDBMS schema, so it’s not straight
migration.
Best practice is to design your queries and then design your Cassandra schema to support those
queries.
Patrick McFadin has a series on C* data modeling.
http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1
Roger