cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Ahmed Ferdous" <>
Subject Configuring Cassandra to limit number of columns to read
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 18:06:43 GMT
Hi Guys,

We have designed a table to have rows with large number of columns (more than 250k). One of
my colleagues, mistakenly ran a select on the  and that caused the nodes to go out of memory.
I was just wondering if there are ways to configure Cassandra 1. To limit number of columns
that can be read 2. To gracefully reject a read request if it appears to be consuming a lot
of memory. Otherwise, we are leaving too much open to human mistakes.

Ahmed Ferdous
Systems Architect
Corporate: 604-244-1469     Email:<>

[2015 ZEMA User Forum]<>

ZE PowerGroup Inc.
130 - 5920 No. Two Road, Richmond, BC, Canada V7C 4R9     Web:<>
North America: 1-866-944-1469      Europe: 0-800-520-0193       Singapore: 800-130-1609

ZE PowerGroup Inc. Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and any attachments are for the exclusive
and confidential use of the intended recipient and contain confidential and proprietary information.
If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any reading, distribution, disclosure,
copying, printing or taking action in reliance upon this e-mail is prohibited. If you have
received this in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and promptly
delete this e-mail and its attachments from your computer system.

View raw message