cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Soerian Lieve <sli...@liveramp.com>
Subject Reduced write performance when reading
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 21:51:53 GMT
Hi,

I am currently performing benchmarks on Cassandra. Independently from each
other I am seeing ~100k writes/sec and ~50k reads/sec. When I read and
write at the same time, writing drops down to ~1000 writes/sec and reading
stays roughly the same.

The heap used is the same as when only reading, as is the disk utilization.
Replication factor is 3, consistency level on both reads and writes is ONE.
Using Cassandra 2.1.6. All cassandra.yaml settings set up according to the
Datastax guide. All nodes are running on SSDs.

Any ideas what could cause this?

Thanks,
Soerian