cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Jirsa <Jeff.Ji...@crowdstrike.com>
Subject Re: Nodetool cleanup takes long time and no progress
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 23:04:34 GMT
You can check for progress using `nodetool compactionstats` (which will show Cleanup tasks),
or check for ‘Cleaned up’ messages in the log (/var/log/cassandra/system.log).

However, `nodetool cleanup` has a very specific and limited task - it deletes data no longer
owned by the node, typically after adding nodes or moving tokens. Have you done that recently?
 Or are you trying to clean up space after issuing a lot of deletes?

On 7/24/15, 3:55 PM, "rock zhang" <rock@alohar.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>After I added node, I run node tool cleanup on the old notes , but it takes forever, no
error message,  and I don't see space are freed.