cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Saladi Naidu <naidusp2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Read Repair
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 21:07:53 GMT
Suppose I have a row of existing data with set of values for attributes I call this State1,
and issue an update to some columns with Quorum consistency.  If the write is succeeded in
one node, Node1 and and failed on remaining nodes. As there is no Rollback, Node1 row attributes
will remain new state, State2 and rest of the nodes row will have old state, State1. If I
do a Read and Cassandra detects state difference, it will issue a Read repair which will result
in new state, State2 being propagated to other nodes. But from a application point of view
the update never happened because it received an exception. How to handle this kind of a situation? Naidu
Saladi