cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Anuj Wadehra <>
Subject Re: if seed is diff on diff nodes, any problem ?
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2015 07:00:08 GMT
As per my understanding, 2 same seed nodes per dc is the way to go..

If u r not creating two isolated set of nodes in ur cluster, there may be nodes referring
each other in a way that everyone is able to know everyone else..

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Chris Mawata" <>
Date:Sun, 26 Jul, 2015 at 6:52 am
Subject:Re: if seed is diff on diff nodes, any problem ?

I think you could end up with partitioning where a you have two cliques of nodes that gossip
to each other but not to nodes outside the clique

On Jul 25, 2015 3:29 PM, "rock zhang" <> wrote:

Hi All,

I have 6 node,  most of them are using node1 as seed, but I just find out 2 nodes are using
node3 as seed, but everything looks fine. Does that mean seed node does not have to be same
on all nodes ?

View raw message