cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Robert Wille <rwi...@fold3.com>
Subject Re: Dropped mutation messages
Date Sat, 13 Jun 2015 14:57:21 GMT

Internode messages which are received by a node, but do not get not to be processed within
rpc_timeout are dropped rather than processed. As the coordinator node will no longer be waiting
for a response. If the Coordinator node does not receive Consistency Level responses before
the rpc_timeout it will return a TimedOutException to the client.

I understand that, but that’s where this makes no sense. I’m running with RF=1, and CL=QUORUM,
which means each update goes to one node, and I need one response for a success. I have many
thousands of dropped mutation messages, but no TimedOutExceptions thrown back to the client.
If I have GC problems, or other issues that are making my cluster unresponsive, I can deal
with that. But having writes that fail and no error is clearly not acceptable. How is it possible
to be getting errors and not be informed about them?

Thanks

Robert