cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring cassandra on AWS
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 13:27:16 GMT
Well this is quite a general question...

I would say, start with default and start tuning depending on what your
monitor, your use case, ...

The only specific configurations that come to mind are:
- if you want to use EC2Snitch / EC2MultiRegionSnitch but you don't have
to. You might want to specify a suffix to allow multiple cluster on one
region (rackdcproperties)
- As a preventive measure you could also increase phi-convict threshold to
12 to avoid node blinking (up / down) to better handle cloud network.

There might be more things, but, I invite you to read things by yourself
and come here back if you have a specific issue/questions