cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Michael Theroux <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Nodetool ring and "Replicas" after 1.2 upgrade
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 12:57:52 GMT
Thanks Jason,
No errors in the log.  Also the nodes do have a consistent schema for the keyspace (although
this was a problem during the upgrade that we resolved using the procedure specified here: https://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#schema_disagreement).

-Mike
      From: Jason Wee <peichieh@gmail.com>
 To: user@cassandra.apache.org; Michael Theroux <mtheroux2@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:07 AM
 Subject: Re: Nodetool ring and "Replicas" after 1.2 upgrade

maybe check the system.log to see if there is any exception and/or error? check as well if
they are having consistent schema for the keyspace?
hth
jason

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 7:17 AM, Michael Theroux <mtheroux2@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello,
We (finally) have just upgraded from Cassandra 1.1 to Cassandra 1.2.19.  Everything appears
to be up and running normally, however, we have noticed unusual output from nodetool ring.
There is a new (to us) field "Replicas" in the nodetool output, and this field, seemingly
at random, is changing from 2 to 3 and back to 2.
We are using the byte ordered partitioner (we hash our own keys), and have a replication factor
of 3.  We are also on AWS and utilize the Ec2snitch on a single Datacenter.
Other calls appear to be normal.  "nodetool getEndpoints" returns the proper endpoints when
querying various keys, nodetool ring and status return that all nodes appear healthy.
Anyone have any hints on what maybe happening, or if this is a problem we should be concerned
with?
Thanks,-Mike